Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's time. It's time to redecorate my family room area. Well, it's time to redecorate my whole house. But we will start with one room at a time.

My current furniture is 8 years old. I have a few staple pieces that are timeless that I plan on keeping forever (hutch, grandfather clock, table). But my couches, rugs, pillows, artwork.....they have to go. I can't handle the pea green couch and red checkered chair any longer. Get me out of my country-bumpkin family room.

This is my dream:



I know nothing about interior design....so I'm not sure if it's OKAY to mix and match different furniture styles. I just put together a color scheme I love, and some furniture pieces I love. Is it okay to have a cowhide rug and zebra chair in the same room?? I don't know "the rules" of interior design....but I think this setup could look pretty darn snazzy in my home. And I've sat on that pearl couch at Z gallerie.....and it is COMFY.

I know the hubby will say "NO WAY" to my proposed plan. He loves our stinky old pea-green couch.

But I say "YES WAY!" to my dream family room.

And I have very sneaky ways of getting what I want. Don't all women? He he he!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment